This tutorial uses a transparent design printed on heavy card stock as a trace-able guideline for this valentines day card. You can download this design in A1, A2, and A6 sizes. There are two versions of this design in each size. The first is a light grey transparency which is meant to be printed on red card stock and traced with a white gel pen. The second is meant to be printed with a color printer (Canon pixma
series is amazing for color) on white card stock, no tracing involved, you would simply write in your number of days in a white gel pen.
You can make your own personalized design in Word/Photoshop/Indesign, just remember to set the text to a very light grey color so it doesn’t show through.
Printable Valentine’s Card
- Printable PDF File (Transparent A1,A2,A6/Color A1,A2,A6)
- 8.5 x 11 red cardstock (I bought mine in the scrapbooking section of the craft store, the color selection is great and you can get a feel for the paper weight)
- White Gel Pen (After a little research I chose the Signo Uni-ball white gel pen)
- Metal Ruler
- Xacto Knife
- Cutting mat
- White paper for lining your card (optional)
- Print your chosen file on the card stock.
2. Carefully trace the words with your pen. I find it’s easiest to trace the outline of the heavier/thicker parts of each letter and then go back to fill them in.
3. Fill in the number of days you have loved your person!
4. line your ruler up with the cutting guidelines on each side and make your cuts.
5. Fold your card in half. You can line the inner card with white paper for contrast or leave as is.
♡ This page contains affiliate links which means that your clicks and purchases help support our free digital content at no extra charge to you. We only recommend products that we have tried and love!