The hand lettering trend is really inspiring me to work on my own handwriting this year. While I have been making progress, the thought of writing out a design on a card without any guidelines is so daunting! It can be really tough to get the layout perfect and sketching out a design is pretty time consuming. Today I have a little hack for anyone who’s in the same boat – a printable valentine’s card template!
This tutorial uses a transparent design printed on heavy card stock as a trace-able guideline for this valentines day card. You can download this design in A1, A2, and A6 sizes. There are two versions of this design in each size. The first is a light grey transparency which is meant to be printed on red card stock and traced with a white gel pen. The second is meant to be printed with a color printer (Canon pixma series is amazing for color) on white card stock, no tracing involved, you would simply write in your number of days in a white gel pen.
Printable Valentine’s Card
- Printable PDF File (Transparent A1,A2,A6/Color A1,A2,A6)
- 8.5 x 11 red cardstock (I bought mine in the scrapbooking section of the craft store, the color selection is great and you can get a feel for the paper weight)
- White Gel Pen (After a little research I chose the Signo Uni-ball white gel pen)
- Metal Ruler
- Xacto Knife
- Cutting mat
- White paper for lining your card (optional)
- Print your chosen file on the card stock.
5. Fold your card in half. You can line the inner card with white paper for contrast or leave as is.