I heard that mango and Sriracha make a great flavor pair so obviously I had to try them together and find out for myself. Of course Sriracha goes great with many things you might not expect, but fruit? really? Well, for a spicy fruit pairing the obvious (and most fun) choice seemed like a spicy mango margarita. I’ve seen all kinds of spicy sweet margarita pairings in the last few years, like watermelon/jalapeno, chili margarita, grapefruit/jalapeno, etc but I feel like there’s a chance I stumbled upon something new with this one. It needed to happen anyway, this margarita is beyond delicious.
Now I actually have been cursed by the Gods with a non-threatening but intensely annoying allergy to mangoes. Turns out, Mango skin contains an oily substance similar to the leafs of Poison Ivy. Pretty unfair right? I learned this the hard way when I tried to eat a mango like an apple. SUCH DISCOMFORT.
I chose frozen mango to use in this recipe for the reasons mentioned above and because using frozen fruit means you can skip the ice cubes and use less sugar resulting in a healthier, more flavorful drink. This Margarita is packed with vitamin C which is something most cocktails can’t brag about!
This margarita is the perfect way to spice things up while cooling down this holiday weekend, give it a try (but be careful, it’s stronger than it seems).
Happy Fourth weekend everyone!
- 1.5c Frozen Mango
- ⅓c Tequila
- 1oz Triple Sec
- ½c Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Sriracha, extra for garnish
- 2 Lime Slices for Garnish
- Margarita Salt for Garnish
- Allow frozen mango to thaw partially by setting at room temperature for 20 minutes
- Put mango, tequila, triple sec, orange juice, lime juice, and Sriracha in a blender. Blend at a medium pulse to break down frozen mango and then blend on high for one minute or until smooth.
- Run a lime wedge around the rims of two large margarita glasses.
- Dip the glasses into the container of margarita salt.
- Pour margarita from blender into the glasses
- garnish with lime and a drizzle of sriracha